In my last article, I discussed the reality that cloud services are not branded-but-indistinguishable commodities, and doing your research to see which company fits you best is a smart alternative to going for the cheapest price. Now I’m going to speak briefly about EarthLink Business, and take a high level look at what we are selling.
Given that we provide such a large portfolio of business services (IT services, cloud services, network services, managed security services, managed support services, professional services, hosted applications, etc) it’s no easy task to sum up what we offer in one word. But if I had to pick one, it would be flexibility.
- It’s the flexibility of not being locked into capital-intensive hardware and labor-intensive hardware management
- It’s the flexibility that comes when you move away from premises-based IT and into the Cloud
- It’s the flexibility of always being able to right-size your IT infrastructure to your current and future needs
- It’s the flexibility of always being able to launch a new project or product without worrying if you have the IT support needed
- It’s the flexibility of cloud resources being custom fit to your business
Flexibility is also the key to how EarthLink works with you, how we work with all the CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, IT managers and other business leaders who come through our door or give us a call. We approach each new business with a blank slate. We don’t have preconceived ideas as to what’s right for you.
Our flexible approach starts with leaning about your business. We sit down with you and listen to your business goals and objectives, your challenges and obstacles. With your permission we take a good look at your business: we see what you’re doing and why, what’s working and what’s not. We then take all the information we gather and sit down with you again to confirm our observations and conclusions. It’s only then that we start to match your needs with our technology to provide you customized, real world solutions.
Through this flexible process we’ve been able to help companies save and make money.
If you’re thinking about whether or not you want to talk with us about your business needs, we encourage you not to reach out and see. Because whether or not you end up with us, the flexible process we’ll go through together can give you even greater insights into your own business.